Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default OT - low temperature wash

"harry" wrote in message
On Friday, 17 July 2015 11:52:20 UTC+1, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
David wrote:
The recommended wash these days for clothes is low temperature - 30C to
35C I think - and this is often quite a quick wash.

Not sure if anyone else finds this, but in my experience, bath and hand
towels get a bit smelly if they're not washed at a fairly high
temperature. I assume it's because the grease isn't getting removed
properly.

I'd love to know what hotels use to wash their towels - to me, they
actually smell clean, rather than scented.

Also, flat items are dried on a "Calender" (rollers heated with steam).
They go in damp and come off dry.
Only linen and cotton will stand this treatment.
But nothing living can survive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esSWD3c-utg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogRIPeUfe_A