Posted to uk.d-i-y
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_2_] Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp[_2_] is offline

Default Lidl paint sprayer/ Aluminium roof paint.

On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 11:05:06 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp
wrote:
I did a search on Aquapol, but the cost seems to suggest that it may
be best to hang on until the leaks start, then worry about a new roof.

As a preventative measure, you'd tend to use it where felt etc normally
fails first - like any joins and upturns, etc.

It is pricey - but works.

I had a leak at an upturn where the felt goes under the flashing and
repaired it with Aquapol, as the rest of the felt looked ok. Has lasted 5
years and counting.

Just a thought, but I suppose it could be used to coat the "low bits".
I don't think the roof is felt incidentally, it's smooth with none of
the grit that accompanies the normal roofing felt.

I would think the paint may have some beneficial effect, if it
reflects the sunlight.

Would a combination of the two be beneficial do you think?

I suppose having bought it, I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet as far
as the paint goes, I suspect that silvery bitumen paint would have a
very limited appeal anywhere else in the house :-(

AB