Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - low temperature wash

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2015-07-17, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

"Etaoin Shrdlu" wrote in message
. uk...
David wrote:
The recommended wash these days for clothes is low temperature - 30C
35C I think - and this is often quite a quick wash.

Not sure if anyone else finds this, but in my experience, bath and
hand towels get a bit smelly if they're not washed at a fairly high
temperature. I assume it's because the grease isn't getting removed
properly.

I wash everything except filthy greasy overalls in cold
water and dont get any problem with any of it smelling.

What sort of detergent do you use?

This is Rod Speed you're responding to. For one thing, he doesn't do his
own laundry - his Mother does.

Bit hard given that she's been dead for more than 55 years now.