Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cupboard Door

On Tuesday, 14 July 2015 20:48:14 UTC+1, Phil L wrote:
"RJH" wrote in message
I want to put a door, about H90cm x W40cm in a section of timber
stud/plasterboard, to give access for storage to the void behind. The void
is encased in insulation board, so it doesn't need to be the last word in
airtightness.

I keep thinking about doing it, looking, head scratching, but don't know
where to start. I've got lots of odd bits of timber for a frame, but I'm
not sure how to go about it all. I'm not completely clueless - I did put
the partition in, and have done quite a bit of mild joinery.

Any ideas please? A sort of scheme of work would be much appreciated!

cut PB back to the stud each side
fit crosspieces top & bottom
fit planed timber as lining
fit door, door liner, catch