Posted to uk.d-i-y
Syd Rumpo[_2_] Syd Rumpo[_2_] is offline

Default Will araldite set in a fridge ?

On 14/07/2015 13:54, robgraham wrote:
One of the plastic lugs in the door moulding that holds in the lower shelf has broken off. I'm prepared to try a wood shape replacement araldited on with a couple of wood screws into the insulation to hold while it sets.

But will it set with the fridge operating? Am I going to have to switch it off with all the hassle that will arrive with that from the kitchen operative?

I suspect it may just delay a new fridge purchase.

Rob

I don't know, but generally reaction rates roughly double for a 10'C
temperature increase, so halve for a 10'C decrease - the 'Arrhenius
equation'.

That might suggest four times the normal curing time as a ballpark estimate.

Cheers
--
Syd