Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Will araldite set in a fridge ?

robgraham wrote:
One of the plastic lugs in the door moulding that holds in the lower shelf has broken off. I'm prepared to try a wood shape replacement araldited on with a couple of wood screws into the insulation to hold while it sets.

But will it set with the fridge operating? Am I going to have to switch it off with all the hassle that will arrive with that from the kitchen operative?

I suspect it may just delay a new fridge purchase.

Rob

The curing of proper araldite is accelerated to an hour or so from 24 by
going from room temperature to around 100C

I would imagine that putting it in a fridge would be disasterous to the
curing time. Possibly allowing the adhesive to flow out of the joint
before it cures.

You may need to look at a different adhesive with a chemical accelerator
or put your foot down with the kitchen executive.

Are you man or mouse??