Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default OT. EUSSR uses our money to expand Calais

On Monday, 13 July 2015 12:41:03 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:56:42 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

The whole thing needs some proper thought. Why 'save' those asylum
seekers from a dangerous sea crossing if not prepared to give them a
chance of a decent life? Would make more sense to just return them to
where they came from.

Can't easily do that.

To "return" somebody rescued from international waters to Libya (say)
would require them to either be demonstrably a Libyan national or for the
Libyan gov't to accept them.

And there isn't a Libyan government to accept anybody or anything...

Damn that whole international law mullarkey...

We could offer to police the Tunisian/Libyan border.
Immigrants could be taken to Tunisia and shoved over the border into Libya.
They could then let the others know what's going on.