Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power tool review

On Monday, 13 July 2015 08:51:44 UTC+1, PeterC wrote:
On Mon, 13 Jul 2015 00:01:57 +0100, Chris French wrote:

Yup, I've got a similar bosch kit that I'm similarly pleased with. Nice
bit of kit, so small and light they are a pleasure to use

Treated myself to a Bosch Pro 10.8V drill/driver about 3 months ago - 2Ah Li
battery, used it on a neighbour's fence as a screwdriver and it lasted all
day on about half a charge.
Just used the 12V Mak for drilling, the 18V Mak combi for holes in brich and
the 12V Mak ID for the big screws into brick.

The Bosch was really good and has moe torque than the 12V Mak.

What I do like is that it's OK with a 25mm spade bit between joists. OK,
25mm is over its spec. but, taking it easy, there's no problem.

I do like new toys!

When I had some tool problems I found a 250w black & decker mains drill from the 1960s is also fine with a 1" auger into very hard wood. Needed a manual turn or so to back it out.

NT