Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT - Pub Food

On 09/07/15 14:12, DerbyBorn wrote:
A nice thing about a holiday is being served properly even in an
inexpensive restaurant. Why do we put up with having to queue at the bar
with our table number in the UK? I am sure that if they had a roving waiter
with one of those electronic things that transmits the order to the kitchen
they would sell more food as people would be more inclined to order extras.
Nothing worse than getting to the head of the queue at the bar and then
having to go back and ask "Is that with peas or beans?" I hate it after a
meal when grandson decides a sweet would be nice and I have to go back to
the bar and repeat the process. If there was a waiter we might all have a
sweet every time and another round of drinks.££££. (Gripe over)

Well - you could go to a proper pub and not some chain like the Snail
and Cabbage

One pub I know is run by super friendly folk who do table service. Great
food, good beer and civilised company (and that does not mean middle
class - it's an everyman sort of pub, but devoid of dickheads.