Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wills and executors

On Wed, 08 Jul 2015 22:18:24 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
stuart noble writes:
I can tell you from experience that the burden of proof is firmly on
you. It's 40% unless you can prove otherwise. The last one I dealt with
ground to a halt because the bank could not provide cheque stubs, so
the payee couldn't be identified. Jolly frustrating, but it's no doubt
easier these days.

Hum, I pay a lot of my mum's bills online from my account and buy her
shopping. She pays me back by cheque periodially, and I don't keep
recods of what each one was for afterwards. I could see that being a
problem?

These kinds of arrangements can bite you.

Our previous next door neighbour became virtually housebound; we had
moved, but only 100 yards or so.

She visited the Post Office to get her pension occasionally (a short
distance again). But she needed to pay it into her bank account to pay
bills.

The arrangement we had was that she would give me cash and I would
electronically transfer that amount to her bank account. It saved me
going to the ATM and it helped her.

At some point the council made her show her bank statements (I think
because she wans claiming rent rebate). They queried this extra 'income'
she had and tried to remove the rent rebate.