Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wills and executors

Huge has brought this to us :
The moment you tell them the account-holder is dead, they will freeze the
account.

WRONG!

Or at least according to my bank which is the same bank in which her
accounts were held. I informed the bank on Monday, in person, with the
death cert and will in hand.

Their manager seemed to say initially - all transactions would be
stopped dead, but then later during the interview said - all DD's would
continue to be honoured, as normal. I could also top it up if
necessary, but no other money could be drawn out against the accounts,
not even by me. That status will remain, until I decided to change it.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)