Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Wills and executors

On 08/07/2015 12:27, Huge wrote:
On 2015-07-08, stuart noble wrote:
On 08/07/2015 11:47, Huge wrote:
On 2015-07-08, stuart noble wrote:
On 08/07/2015 02:14, John Rumm wrote:
On 07/07/2015 13:41, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

My partner has just sadly passed away, so obviously I'm in a bit of a
spin.

Very sorry to hear that Harry. My condolences.

need to organise Probate. Probate forms look to be straight forward
enough.

Not got much to add other than, for most folks DIY probate is certainly
doable. IIRC there are server guide books available with step by step
instructions (and n doubt web sites as well these days)

Wills are usually more trouble than they're worth, especially since most
of them follow the intestacy rules anyway.

Idiot.

Normal families leave stuff to their spouses/offspring. If you're part
of a dysfunctional family then probably you need complicated
documentation. Jarndyce vs Jarndyce

If you *choose* to start dealing with the intestacy process on top of
everything else on the death of a family member, plus dealing
with all the financial & legal institutions who will want to see a
will, then you're an idiot.

I would strongly suspect that you've never acted as an executor.

Intestacy is no more complicated than a will, and is at least
unambiguous. Either way probate is issued and that is all anyone needs
as authority to release funds.
Your strong suspicions are unfounded. You don't get to my advanced age
without a few people dying.