Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Wills and executors

In article , stuart noble
wrote:
On 08/07/2015 11:46, Huge wrote:
On 2015-07-07, Jonathan wrote:
On Tuesday, July 7, 2015 at 6:50:12 PM UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
stuart noble brought next idea :
There's a lot of tedious correspondence informing utility companies
and the like, but it's essentially dogsbody work, and not something
you want solicitors doing if you can help it.

I have been advised to let the utilities run until the dust settles,
paid for by DD from her account. Should the account run low, I can
top it up.

The normal thing on a death is for the bank to stop all DDs.

The moment you tell them the account-holder is dead, they will freeze
the account.

Unless it's a joint account, which I'm optimistically assuming most
"partners" would have.

we do have - for the "holiday & house maintenance fund". Otherwise we each
have our own.

--
Please note new email address: