Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Failed Oil Gun

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 00:50:54 +0100
Davey wrote:

I needed an oil-, as opposed to grease-, gun, and bought a Cogex one
from Amazon, as it was described as just what I wanted. The flexible
hose says that it's rated for 10,000 psi. A pity that the crimped
fitting to the nozzle at the end of the hose is only good for maybe 10
psi. Is that how they rate them in France, I wonder?
The replacement gun is on its way, with no problem. Let's hope......
If not, then I'll just use the solid pipe from one of my old dead
grease guns, the fitting is the same, and I can avoid the need for a
flexible hose. But I wanted to make sure that the defective one was
returned, hopefully, to its maker, if Amazon do that, so that they
know the problem.

Update:
The second unit was returned as "Unsuitable for Purpose", and the refund
has been issued.

Amazon made it easy to return.

--
Davey.