Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Method of moving gazebo and tables to and from pitch

On 4 Jul 2015 15:54:33 GMT, David wrote:

I am providing a charity stand at the local carnival, to hand out leaflets
and make contact with potential new members.

This will be a gazebo (about 2.5m * 2.5m), a couple of tables, some boxes
of leaflets and some fold up chairs. Oh, and some collecting buckets.

flatbed_turntable_truck_ht1101.htm would do the job, but at around £450
this is way over budget and also it is a big item to transport and store
to/from the parking near the site.

What I think I need is an axle and two wheels on a board which I can strap
to a table - need two to go front and back. It would be good if the front
axle was steerable.

The table then forms the bed of the truck and I tie the rest of the stuff
on top.
Much like a soap box cart but with the body made from the table.

At one time I would think of scavenging a large wheel pram for the bits
but these are now collectors items rather than junk shop items.

Can anyone help me with a search term to find suitable (inexpensive) bits?

Have a look on Ebay using the term Large Castors, this will show
sets of 4 of the type often fitted to produce cages that you see being
unloaded from tail lift equipped lorries and wheeled in to shops and
the price you can pay for a set of four, they are surprisingly
inexpensive

A set of four could be fixed to your table or even and old pallet.
A proper set of castors will have two swiveling and two fixed and you
would pull the item with a rope.
Often you can get the castors in agricultural suppliers , or Machine
Mart but for various reasons I can't recommend the latter.

G.Harman