Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Method of moving gazebo and tables to and from pitch

"David" wrote in message
On Sat, 04 Jul 2015 17:41:04 +0100, Charles Hope wrote:

In article , David

wrote:
I am providing a charity stand at the local carnival, to hand out
leaflets and make contact with potential new members.

This will be a gazebo (about 2.5m * 2.5m), a couple of tables, some
boxes of leaflets and some fold up chairs. Oh, and some collecting
buckets.

Vehicle access to the area we are setting up in stops at 10:00 and
doesn't resume until 22:00. The event is for 2 days.

I don't have cover for all this period from volunteers to be at the
stand, so I may have to arrange to remove all the bits to safety
without using a vehicle.

I am now trying to think up a design for some kind of trolley (possibly
based on wheels fixed to folded tables) which could carry the rest.

Something like http://www.big-wheelbarrows.co.uk/5-
flatbed_turntable_truck_ht1101.htm would do the job, but at around
£450 this is way over budget and also it is a big item to transport and
store to/from the parking near the site.

What I think I need is an axle and two wheels on a board which I can
strap to a table - need two to go front and back. It would be good if
the front axle was steerable.

The table then forms the bed of the truck and I tie the rest of the
stuff on top. Much like a soap box cart but with the body made from the
table.

At one time I would think of scavenging a large wheel pram for the bits
but these are now collectors items rather than junk shop items.

Can anyone help me with a search term to find suitable (inexpensive)
bits?

how about a sack barrow? = or two

One sack barrow would be a problem as the table in question is 2.5 metres
long so way tall.

I am expecting the whole package to be too heavy to pick up one end with
wheels on the other.

I had worked out that if I had a second sack barrow I could strap one to
each end of the table, possibly, but I think that would be unsteerable.

I dont, I bet it would work fine.

I am remembering moving a mucking big steel beam balanced on a single
block of wood with two trailer wheels (brought by the steel supplier) so
two wheels in the middle might do nicely.

Looked at the Indespension site but this is all a bit expensive.
Budget in the £100s which is way too much.

However ideas are starting to come together and I could be looking for a
scrap two wheel trailer to rob the wheels and suspension.

I also have a small Daxara trailer out on loan to someone where I think
you can take the sides off to make it flat bed. It also stands on end for
storage. Worth exploring.

I'd get whoever has the sites next to yours to keep an eye out for your
site when its unmanned myself and save yourself a lot of trouble.