bigmike

Default Hitachi TV Problems ?

"Dave@UltimatePix" wrote in message
I submitted the letter below at this link;

http://www.hitachi.net/Apps/HitachiC...ustomerSupport

But got a reply back that they were a component supplier, not the Home
Electronics Division.

Anyone think they'll own up to it and take care of the situation even
though the TV is only warrantied for 1 year ?

Anyone else have problems with Hitachi products?

- Dave

I sympathize with you. It sucks to have an expensive TV for only two years,
and then be told in is going to cost that much money to fix it. It really
does cost a shop more time and money to work on projection TVs, but a few
shops take it over the top, and charge exuberant amounts simply becuse it's
projection. So it pays to call and shop around for the best rates with a
qualified service shop. Even though you have only had the set two years, the
odds of getting Hitachi to fix it for free are slim to none, but worth a
shot a guess. Any break in price would be better than nothing. The simply
truth is that a big percentage of tvs nowadays are going to break down in
little more than two years. When buying a projectionTV, the extended
warranty is almost a must now, as you are finding out. Good luck!

********************

Dear Hitachi,

My HDTV (Hitachi 53UWX10B) just developed a serious convergence problem
which it's "Magic Focus" auto-convergence tool will NOT fix. I have not
moved the TV in months. Plus I haven't abused it or used it excessively
either. And I bought it less than 2 years ago.

Preliminary discussions with some authorized service centers (ASC)
suggests that it will cost at least $300 for a CRT alignment. Probably
much more to replace potentially bad IC chips or boards. Some ASCs
won't even come out here (or want to charge $200 just to come out)
because I live about 40 minutes from Phoenix.

It's very disheartening that my $2700 investment in a Hitachi product
will cost me so dearly less than 2 years later. Up until now, I've been
very happy with this TV.

Is there some kind of product recall on this TV ?

Is there any thing that Hitachi can do to help ?

Is there any thing else you can suggest?

Sincerely - DC

PS - I have JPEGs of the screen images (if it'll help diagnose the
problem).