Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default combi boiler flow rate

On 03/07/2015 12:07, Stephen wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 15:34:28 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Yup, that and also the fact that even a 35kW combi can only manage 15
lpm of water at final temperature in the winter - and that will not be a
problem with 15mm pipe.

So if I redo some plumbing if I want to have the new boiler in a
different location, I can just run one 15mm pipe and tee off to the
bathroom, kitchen, etc. It won't be a problem even if all taps are
open at once?

Once you are drawing whatever flow rate the combi can heat adequately,
trying to take more will (depending on the combi, and whether it has
flow regulation or not) either get you more cooler water or the same
amount of water shared between the taps.

--
Cheers,

John.