Dave@UltimatePix

Default Hitachi TV Problems ?

I submitted the letter below at this link;

http://www.hitachi.net/Apps/HitachiC...ustomerSupport

But got a reply back that they were a component supplier, not the Home
Electronics Division.

Anyone think they'll own up to it and take care of the situation even
though the TV is only warrantied for 1 year ?

Anyone else have problems with Hitachi products?

- Dave

********************

Dear Hitachi,

My HDTV (Hitachi 53UWX10B) just developed a serious convergence problem
which it's "Magic Focus" auto-convergence tool will NOT fix. I have not
moved the TV in months. Plus I haven't abused it or used it excessively
either. And I bought it less than 2 years ago.

Preliminary discussions with some authorized service centers (ASC)
suggests that it will cost at least $300 for a CRT alignment. Probably
much more to replace potentially bad IC chips or boards. Some ASCs
won't even come out here (or want to charge $200 just to come out)
because I live about 40 minutes from Phoenix.

It's very disheartening that my $2700 investment in a Hitachi product
will cost me so dearly less than 2 years later. Up until now, I've been
very happy with this TV.

Is there some kind of product recall on this TV ?

Is there any thing that Hitachi can do to help ?

Is there any thing else you can suggest?

Sincerely - DC

PS - I have JPEGs of the screen images (if it'll help diagnose the
problem).