Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default Stuffing the magic smoke back in...

Oh and I thought for a minute there you were going to show us an
armature rewind!

Not at £26 for a shiny new one!

Thats one thing that steers me in the direction of that maker, the fact
that you can get spares and reasonable prices.

Mind you I've had my Mak SDS for must be 8 years now and its still fine
on the original armature yet after years of punishment..

So much so just bought a 115 mm angle grinder off them was only around
40 quid from Tool Satan much better quality than the cheapies..

(there is a local motor service place I have used before, but I doubt
they could match that price...)

When I worked in an industrial research lab, we had a guy who could do
this. I don't know if he ever did them for "work" but you could take him
a car dynamo or just about anything else.

Come to think of it, there were people there who could mend anything!
Several superb welders, a glassblower, etc.

Very useful to have around...
--
Tony Sayer