Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Air BnB

On 03/07/2015 16:10, Clive George wrote:
On 03/07/2015 15:34, Nightjar cpb@ wrote:

I can't think of any reason why I would have had a need to have heard of
it.

I don't need to have heard that Barbie's boyfriend is Ken, or that
Sylvanian families is a popular toy for girls, but I have.

But would you think it surprising that I had never heard of Syvanian
families before you mentioned it, which is the point under discussion?

...Learning new things is good.

Learning useful new things is good. Learning things that have no
practical value may sometimes be interesting, but more often will be a
complete waste of time.

I heard about Airbnb from reading articles in newspapers. One was
talking about their logo design IIRC. If I hadn't, then putting the
terms air and bnb into a popular search engine tells me on the front page.

That still doesn't mean I should have heard of it before this.

--
Colin Bignell