Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OVO Smart meter

On Wed, 01 Jul 2015 20:44:46 +0100, Mark Carver wrote:

You're not at the BBC now ;-)

I haven't been at the BBC for 23 years...

MET ? DNO ? MO ?

But you're in uk.d-i-y, they are used fairly often in here.. B-p

MET - Main Earth Terminal that is the supply earth provided by the
DNO - Distribution Network Operator. The company that does the wires,
poles and holes power distribution in a given area from, I think, 125
kV (kilo Volts) down. Stuff above 125 kV(?) is National Grid.
MO - Meter Operator, I might have invented this one. But the company
that you pay for your electricity as metered by "their" meter.

So, when did that change, seeing they appear to be stamped with,
'Property of local network operator' ?

Donno. I don't think is was the same time as the individual
electricity boards monopolies in a given area were broken. If most
DNOs are like ours, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" there will be a
lot of legacy stuff out there. We've been here 15 years, I don't
remember any of the meters being changed, as they should be every 10
years.

--
Cheers
Dave.