Jerry G.

Default 32' Sony tv KV-32V16,chassis:SCC-F85R-A

If the set shuts after it gets warmed up and will restart when cold, I
would be looking for thermo sensitive components. The electrolytic caps
in the scans and power supply in many sets are known for this type of
fault.

You can use a heat gun, and freeze-mist cooling spray to help
troubleshoot for thermo sensitive components. Each time you cool the
suspect parts, you will have to recycle the power, to see if it will
start again.

One method I use is to heat the suspect caps with a heat gun, and then
test them with an ESR meter while they are still hot. This is a bit
easier, depending on the accessibility of the underside of the board in
this approach, and the situation.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"Sidney" wrote in message
om...
32" Sony PIP stereo tv model:KV-32V16,chassis:SCC-F85R-A &
AA-1,year:Nov 1995.After about 3 hours of running or so the tv shuts
off and when power button is pressed the tv turns on for 1 second then
shuts off again,when power button is pressed again it turns of for a
few minutes then starts the process all over until the tv is allowed
to cool down for a few hours.
The standby LED light is not blinking so I cannot pull the codes,I
found extensive cracked solder joints throughout the unit and I
resoldered,the solder in the horizontal section was fine believe it or
not but I resoldered it as well.
This unit uses Flyback # 8-451-315-41 or 1-439-498-71

Here are other models which share the same chassis:

Chassis: AA-1

Model :
KV-27S10 / 15
KV-27TS29 / 29 / 32 / 36