Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OVO Smart meter

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
Yep thats what one of them said when they came to replace a meter out in
a remote radio site "we use the mobile phone networks"..

Started off then said that the mobile phone network did Notwork so he
put the old one back in!..

Just what happened to a pal in Tooting. Terraced house built in the 30s so
loads and loads the same. All with their meter in a cupboard under the
stairs. No mobile signal. Looks like they need a Plan B.

Another problem with some existing ones is they're losing connection,
as the mobile networks shut down 2G GPRS. (I suspect all new ones
would support 3G at least nowadays.)

That's also hit some alarms and remote payment stations (such as
parking meters which are meant to take credit cards).

--
Andrew Gabriel