Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default OVO Smart meter

In message , at 17:33:38 on Wed, 1 Jul
2015, Mark Carver remarked:
But why is that ? Are yuo sure the hardware is dedicated to one supplier ?
Doesn;t seem to make much sense.

Up until now, I thought the meter was the property, and responsibility
of the local (monopoly) electricity supplier (Electricity Board in old
money). Is that no longer the case ?

Maybe there's still that unsmart-meter (which probably belongs to
"National Grid") with the smart one the consumer's side of it?

Otherwise I can't see how you can move into a property and switch the
supplier to a new one, if you have to wait for someone to replace the
smart-meter. In the interim, everyone could rely upon the
unsmart-meter's readings.
--
Roland Perry