Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Baker Dave Baker is offline

Default OT - cheap digital camcorder

I really fancy a very cheap basic camcorder to be able to film my animals
getting up to their usual highjinks and upload it to the web/youtube for
friends to see. I missed a cracker this morning when I let my little
chicken, Clare, out of her coop for the day. She's been perfectly fine with
my 80 lb labrador Sammie for the last year until he nearly ran into her a
couple of weeks ago and had to lauch himself into the air over her to avoid
mowing her down. Since then she's had the right hump with him.

This morning she set off across the lawn to go foraging up at the farm,
passed him rolling about on the grass, got about 10 feet past him, thought
better of it, turned round, launched herself at his head, pecked him firmly
on the nose and then strutted off again. Sam yelped and ran howling to the
back door.

I don't want or need HD, 640 x 480 would be fine but they all seem to come
with HD anyway. Then it seems I really do need an SDHC card or you can't
actually record more than a few seconds of anything.

The Vivitar 508HD is about as cheap as I can see online for £20. I can't see
me getting too upset if it isn't fantastic quality for the price of a bottle
of scotch. I guess it'll also take even better still pictures than my
faithful old Fuji Finepix 1400 1.3 megapixel which cost a bloody fortune in
comparison 15 years ago.

Any reason to spend more for such a basic need?
--
Dave Baker