Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_6_] Stephen[_6_] is offline

Default loft insulation

Hello,

It is been pretty warm in the loft conversion, much warmer than the
rest of the house.

I was removing some down lighters from the ceiling and looked up
through the hole and I cannot see any insulation. I mentioned in an
another post how this loft conversion has all the paperwork and yet
has all the power off a 13A fused radial. Is this another cut corner?
Surely they should have put some insulation somewhere?

I'm thinking that as well as being warm in the summer it is likely to
be cold in the winter. What is the best way to insulate: remove the
ceiling and put celotex between the joists?

I'm thinking this would be easiest as if I put celotex between the
rafters, don't I have to leave ventilation gaps, which seems to defeat
the purpose?

Thanks,
Stephen.