Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell[_2_] Nick Odell[_2_] is offline

Default concertina air leak

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 20:41:17 +0100, "ARW"
wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
"Nick Odell" wrote in message
On Sun, 28 Jun 2015 22:14:45 +0100, wrote:

Many years ago I was given an east german copy of a Hohner concertina,
it now suffers from air leaks.

The problem is in the fabric that forms the corner folds, it has lost
its plastic coating. I was wondering about any suggestions for a
flexible paint on sealant to apply on the inside?

I'll try and get hold of a chap who fixed his own threepenny bit and
ask him how he did it. In the absence of any other information, I'd be
inclined to try brushing on liquid latex - something like Cow Gum if
they still make it - and copious quantities of talcum powder
afterwards to stop the folds sticking together.

I was going to say ask Nick Odell and if that fails try these guys

http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/

One of them might have been sober enough

Just to be clear. "one of them" means one of the two owners of
"themusicroom" and not Nick Odell.

'Ere - oo you accusing of being sober?

Nick