Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default concertina air leak

In message ,
writes
Many years ago I was given an east german copy of a Hohner concertina,
it now suffers from air leaks.

The problem is in the fabric that forms the corner folds, it has lost
its plastic coating. I was wondering about any suggestions for a
flexible paint on sealant to apply on the inside?

My daughter plays accordion, so I got interested in repairing an old one
some years ago, but I never got very far.

http://1accordion.net/bellows.htm

is by a known and sometimes "edgy" man who seemed to know what he was
talking about. It might be some help.

rec.music.makers.squeezebox is a bit moribund but wakes up from time
to time and helped daughter and I quite a bit when we were starting.

--
Bill