Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Why does circular saw blade scorch the timber?

On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 15:51:50 UTC+1, Nick wrote:
Recently acquired a 3ph saw bench (Norsaw 1603) with 16" Trend tct blade, 40
tooth I think.
Saw needed a little fettling. After a trial run I removed blade and
delivered to sawdoctor for sharpening.
Whilst this was being done I set the saw up to my satisfaction.
Replaced the blade and tried it. Blade runs true as far as I can tell. Cuts
well enough but 2 immediate problems.
1) Sawn edge of timber is scorched on both sides. Have tried this with
various timbers from 10 to 125mm.
2) On pushing timber through the blade the far end tends to lift from the
bench. Not a good thing.
Both these problems were evident when I first got the saw and tried it.

A riving knife is fitted and all timber is well seasoned/dry.
I can only think that the blade has a bump or something but there is nothing
visible.

Any thoughts please?

Nick.

Sometimes you just need to reduce blade speed.

NT