Posted to uk.d-i-y
Charles Hope Charles Hope is offline

Default Do I need to update my house's fuse box?

In article , ARW
wrote:
"Jim x321x" wrote in message
Graham. wrote in
newsb8goalbvo9ptee6d1njgjotrlv5snr5um@ 4ax.com:

I used to have a Wylex CU with the old style push button retrofit MCBs.

The face of the cover had been removed so it just formed a frame
around the breakers. I don't remember if the original cover had been
modified, or if it was a special item supplied with the MCBs

That sounds like a good idea. That would stop say, a toddler from
poking a knife past the back of the MCB and barbequing himself,
wouldn't it? I might do that myself. (Cut the face off the cover, and
then fix the remaining part where it was intended to be.)

The cover probably has knockouts on it to do that.

The later ones certainly did