Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Do I need to update my house's fuse box?

"Robin" wrote in message
For renting you would also need mains powered interlinked smoke
detectors.

In England? I'm not a landlord but several neighbours are and from their
chatter I thought even the new regs which apply from October only required
a smoke alarm on every floor - ie no need for mains powered or interlinked
in a bog standard non-HMO.

What new regs?

BTW I have been suggesting for years that landlords and home owners whilst I
am there for other work and making a mess of a wall whilst installing a
cable for some other job should fork out a litle bit extra for a mains
powered interlinked smoke alarm install.

--
Adam