Posted to uk.d-i-y
JK sprinter JK sprinter is offline

Default Lidl - Parkside Table Top Circular Saw

replying to markp1706, JK sprinter wrote:
markp1706.2ay1jn wrote:

Lidl have a Table saw on offer next week and i am thinking of gettin
one. does anyone out there have one of these and is it worth buying (
year warrenty) any feedback welcome
--
markp1706

Just bought one and is very good. Takes a while to erect - make sure the
legs with round holes near the base are put to rear with the holes facing
backwards. Didn't get enough nuts in the pack but had some in my workshop.
The threaded holes in the sides that take a bolt were not all threaded
properly so make sure they all work before you start erecting. Having
spent ages getting it bolted together it works a treat. Make sure the red
line on the adjuster knob is set at zero and you get a perfect 90 degree
cut. Checked all cuts with a set square and angle finder and all is good.
The laser really helps. Take your time and read the instructions.
3 year guarantee is excellent but KEEP RECEIPT SAFE. I just claimed on a
Lidl pump with float switch which packed up after just over 2 years and
have a new one on the way. I kept the receipt - but nothing happens
without one. All claiming was done on-line and the service was superb.
KEEP THE RECEIPT SAFE in case.
I would guess any bad reviews you may see are down to poor setting up as
the saw works just fine..