Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Failed Oil Gun

On Sun, 21 Jun 2015 21:29:13 +0100
Vir Campestris wrote:

On 20/06/2015 00:29, Davey wrote:
When the replacement arrived today, I opened the one-page 'User
Manual', that is in French only. It states that the gun is to be
used only with grease, and that anything else, such as liquids, are
no good. But the Amazon page from which I ordered it clearly said
that it was an Oil Gun, I took a snapshot just in case.

Here's the page:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cogex-B006T3...keywords=cogex

Cogex seem to be French, and searching that part number comes up with
"Graisse", not "Huile". I think this could be an Amazon cockup.

Andy

Yep, it is. And since the replacement leaked oil copiously out of the
plunger hole, it also will be going back, with a refund demanded, as
not fit for use as sold.
See my mention of the manual being in French only, and talking only of
grease.
Just in case, I took a snapshot of the Amazon page, above, from which I
ordered it, clearly displaying 'Oil Gun' in case they argue.
But at least the replacement didn't leak oil out of the flex. hose!

--
Davey.