Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default OT Cigarettes

In article om,
dennis@home wrote:
Smokers have to blame something.
The fact is less people smoke and less were prepared to go in a pub and
suffer.
They went elsewhere, the pubs closed.

No. The non smoking mafia have at least as much responsibility. Saying the
reason they didn't use a local was because of the smoke. But when it was
banned, still didn't use it.

That's the pubs fault, when we had to go elsewhere we found it was
better than going to the pub, there was no reason to go back.

The smoking ban was a health and safety at work problem, they have to
protect the staff whether the staff want to be protected or not.
If they had done it earlier then people like me would still have gone to
pubs but I sure as hell aren't going to now and neither are my kids
likely to do so. The majority of pubs will close and its not the smoking
ban to blame, its the smokers and the short sighted pub managers.

You get exactly the same effect when they decide to extend a busy pub,
people go elsewhere while the work is going on and frequently don't
return leaving a large pub with more overheads and less customers.