Bob

Default Skytronics 600W mains inverter

Thanks for the replies guys.
That is a good point about the parallel connections, at least it then
becomes a damage limitation exercise.
I intend to start it without a load and a very low power 12v supply as
it draws under 1A in idle mode. Hopefully this will show up anything
that's going to cause instant failure. The problem arises when the
well and truely crossed!!

"James Sweet" wrote in message news:khqTa.112512$GL4.28405@rwcrnsc53...
Aren't the mosfets in two groups wired in parallel? If so you should be able
to replace a few of them and power it up with only a small load on it.

"Bob" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

Has anybody tried to repair one of these units or has a circuit
diagram available?
I bought a blown one to see if I could repair it. As expected all the
Mosfets were destroyed but I'm hoping that is the extent of the
damage, barring the odd 10ohm resistor.
Switching on with approx 30 UK pounds worth of new Mosfets ready to up
in smoke makes me nervous.

Any thoughts.....

Cheers
Bob