Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Failed Oil Gun

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 16:48:08 +0100
Clive George wrote:

On 20/06/2015 11:42, Davey wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 01:13:50 +0100
Clive George wrote:

snip

No chance, it doesn't have the power that a real gun provides. I
want one that fits on a grease nipple just like a grease gun, but
pumps heavy oil instead of grease. I already have a simple oil can,
but that is no way any good for this.

Something like this :

http://www.lathespares.co.uk/oil-gun-myford-lathe-1

?

OOh! That looks good. Thanks. If I give up on the Cogex, that is my
next choice. 15cl isn't much, but if it does the job, not a problem.

I also looked at items 14 & 15, which appear to be versions of my old
but faithful Wanner grease gun, and they take 120cc. But it looks as
though they might have got the wrong photo for the nipple type in item
15, if the one that you pointed out and its 'pair' are any indication.
Am I missing something, before I send them a message querying this?

Are these guns all activated by pressing down on the base? I see no
lever to actuate. That would be a problem, as there is limited space
for arm movement.

A pity I didn't know I was going to have a problem before I had a
problem, or I would have asked here first!

--
Davey.