Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default Failed Oil Gun

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 21:24:16 +0000 (UTC)
Cursitor Doom wrote:

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 00:50:54 +0100, Davey wrote:

[...]

If you have a lathe it's a relatively simple matter to make your own.
That's what I did. I was pleasantly surprised I got a good seal
around the oil nipples with minimal loss. Not really sure why this
should be the case bare metal to bare metal, but somehow it does!

When the replacement arrived today, I opened the one-page 'User Manual',
that is in French only. It states that the gun is to be used only with
grease, and that anything else, such as liquids, are no good. But the
Amazon page from which I ordered it clearly said that it was an Oil
Gun, I took a snapshot just in case.

Here's the page:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cogex-B006T3...keywords=cogex

I like the recommendation, that:
"Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought": Dim Men's Boxer Shorts.

--
Davey.