Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default OT Cigarettes

On 18/06/2015 21:46, Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/06/15 20:12, Syd Rumpo wrote:
On 18/06/2015 20:02, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Mrs Pounder Esquire has been smoking snouts for 53 years.
Three months ago she got one of those e-fag things. After two weeks she
stopped smoking it, she no longer needs a snout and would not bull****
me.
She gave the e-fag to me.
I have been a very heavy smoker for 45 years, and I LIKED it.
I've not had a snout for six weeks and do not want one. There is a
pack of
unopened snouts in the house.
Shirley this must be worth a try?

Did the e-fag just make you realise how pointless it all was?

My Mum smoked 20-40 a day from the age of 14 till she was 60, when she
simply said that she couldn't afford it now she'd retired. No
recidivism, no apparent craving. Maybe like her, you were never really
addicted, it was just habit and perhaps a little belligerence.

Mind you, she still died of lung cancer, which was very nasty.

Cheers

Don't under estimate the chemical addictiveness of nicotine.

Indeed. I gave up the cigs (roll ups) in 2008 and I'm still on lozenges.
Not many - I get through a couple of 2mg a day, broken into 4. So
probably not that high a dose, and the stuff the nicotine is suspended
in is probably more harmful ;-)

--
Cheers, Rob