Posted to uk.d-i-y
rick rick is offline

Default 'Seeing' Android phone from Windows PC

On 28/05/2015 10:16, News wrote:

Having adopted my son's Samsung phone, I'm having a play. This is my
first android type phone (I thought my last mobile was sophisticated
because it took photos as well as made phone calls), which is now
connected to the home network. Phone is running Android 4.4.4 The
phone is S3, I think.

Having installed ES File Explorer on the phone, I can see shared files
on my Netbook, using the phone. What I can't see is the phone from the
Netbook. Should I be able to? I perhaps naively assumed the phone
would appear on the Netbook (W98), but there must be a setting I am
missing within the phone. Whatever it is, I can't find. Any clues?

On W7 it will detect the phone and install the Samsung driver ... I
tried it with S2 yesterday and worked fine, and I know it works with my
S4 & S5

You may need to install driver.
go to http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads

Though it maybe that Samsung does not support an OS as old as W98 ....
was 17 years ago :-)

Could also see if you can install Samsung KIES ... that may help 'if' it
support 98