Watson A.Name - 'Watt Sun'

Default Another twist in the topic (Was Turn Your Power Supply into an Ohmmeter - It's Free!

In article qg_Sa.3645$Fy1.168899@localhost,
mentioned...
Watson A.Name - 'Watt Sun' wrote:
In article ,

mentioned...
"Costas Vlachos" wrote in message
Do people use the "jig-a" way? Never heard of it.

No? Jigawatts? ;-)

Jigahurts was the only way I heard Gigahertz pronounced back in the
'60s when I woekrd for a radio eng'g lab. That's not long after the
time when the prefizxes were adopted. Before that, it used to be
micromicrofarads instead of picofarads.

Somehow betwen then and now it got perverted to today's pronunciation.

The only place I ever heard it pronounced jiga was in the Back To The Future
movies!

My dictionary, Webster's New Collegiate, shows both, but jiga is
first, and it says that the first is the preferred pronunciation.
Many dictionaries are like this, some don't even have the second.
Perhaps the people in the movie had the simple foresight to simply
consult a dictionary when they made the movie.

--
@@F@r@o@m@@O@r@a@n@g@e@@C@o@u@n@t@y@,@@C@a@l@,@@w@ h@e@r@e@@
###Got a Question about ELECTRONICS? Check HERE First:###
Subject: line with other stuff. alondra101 at hotmail.com
Don't be ripped off by the big book dealers. Go to the URL
that will give you a choice and save you money(up to half).
http://www.everybookstore.com You'll be glad you did!
Just when you thought you had all this figured out, the gov't
changed it: http://physics.nist.gov/cuu/Units/binary.html
@@t@h@e@@a@f@f@l@u@e@n@t@@m@e@e@t@@t@h@e@@E@f@f@l@ u@e@n@t@@