Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Interlinked alarms - power supply

On 15/06/2015 00:52, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:28:40 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

I also fitted a centralised switch so that the alarms can be tested or
silenced from one place easily (since some are well out of reach on 10'
high ceilings)

Yep, ours has "locate", "test" and "silence".

Yup, that's the beastie - three rocker switches on a single faceplate.

No one has mentioned that the smokes wiring ought to be done in red
three core and earth. I'd also do it as a seperate circuit for the

Should be 3&E certainly... not sure if the colour requirement applies to
domestic though?

smokes only even if the power comes of a lighting circuit rather tahn
just picking up the nearest bit of lighting power.

--
Cheers,

John.