Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Interlinked alarms - power supply

On 14/06/15 19:55, ARW wrote:

For a RCD protected circuit I would suggest a double pole key switch.
For a non RCD circuit (16th edition) an unswitched fused spur would be
fine on a TN supply.

OK -

Can I just query the rationale though? I was just thinking that it would
not shut them up as they've all got batteries of some sort and if it's a
matter of replacing them, most of the ones I know of plug into a base.

Sorry for being thick - I assume there is a good reason, just not one I
know of!