Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default something else for ukip supporters

On Thursday, 11 June 2015 07:53:19 UTC+1, Nightjar wrote:
On 10/06/2015 21:42, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
"cpb"@ wrote:

On 10/06/2015 18:02, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
"cpb"@ wrote:

On 10/06/2015 10:33, Tim Streater wrote:
6% in my day and the grant was nowhere near large enough to support a
life of beer and indolence. Cider, maybe.

Your Union bar was obviously overcharging.

I rarely went in as they didn't allow GURLS in. What's the point of a
bar without GURLS, eh?

You paid pub prices? No wonder you couldn't afford beer.

The question of whether I could afford beer is neither here nor there,
since I didn't drink it; I drank, and still drink, cider.

Something I only drank mixed with Guinness :-)

Black and tan was it.
I could could only drink cider (other than merrydown) with lager and black,
otherwise called a snakebite and black.

I went to Glasgow, so the men's union bar was a place for serious
drinking.

Drinking 12 pints of an evening was never something that attracted me.

I don't recall ever drinking more than eight in one night - eight
blokes, one round each. I'm not sure how I managed that much TBH.

I managed 7 pints of bitter once, my highest ever in a session.
Won't be doing it again though, just made me feel too rough.
since then I've never been in a round with more than 4 people.