Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_5_] bert[_5_] is offline

Default something else for ukip supporters

In article , Tim Streater
writes
In article , bert
wrote:

In article , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Adrian
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:02:52 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

I hate the tories stance on university fees.

Trouble is, it's the only one that can possibly work in a country
where 40%+ of school-leavers are going to University. Back in the
days of fully-
paid fees and large enough grants to support a life of beer and
indolence, less than 10% went on to degree-level education.

6% in my day and the grant was nowhere near large enough to support a
life of beer and indolence. Cider, maybe.

And the basic rate of income tax was about 30% to pay for it and went
up every budget.

My grant etc would have been paid for out of the rates, not income tax.

IIRC your tuition fees or cost of your course would be paid for by
central government.
--
bert