Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Tubby GU5.3

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
Bought some GU5.3 LED lights this week, but the body of them is
significantly deeper than the regular Halogens I want to replace.

As a result, I now find they foul on the spring-clips holding the chrome
ceiling fitting in place, and don't go high enough to be able to fit
those irritating spring clips underneath. By about 2mm.

You have my sympathy. It's a problem I have come across before and one that
I warn people about when converting to LED (either GU10 or MR16)

Quite often removing the lock ring and holding the lamp in place with a bit
of 5A fuse wire (or similar) works - it need not be a full circle - you just
need to hold the lamp in place.

BTW -you have MR16 lamps - what driver are you using to power them? Your
existing transformer may cause premature failure of the lamps.
--
Adam