Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tubby GU5.3

Bought some GU5.3 LED lights this week, but the body of them is
significantly deeper than the regular Halogens I want to replace.

As a result, I now find they foul on the spring-clips holding the chrome
ceiling fitting in place, and don't go high enough to be able to fit
those irritating spring clips underneath. By about 2mm.

Otherwise they seem to work OK.

Given that they claim to last 15 years I'm tempted to glue them in
place, but is there some less drastic solution.

It's not this one (which is even tubbier) but I hope it illustrates the
problem:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...er-warm-white-
gu3-5-led_2007832042.html
--