Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Chance John Chance is offline

Default something else for ukip supporters

In article ,
Nightjar cpb@ insert my surname here.me.uk wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
I see your point, but I disagree that a party that got 12% vote share
is
a "minority".

Is there any official definition of minority when it comes to political
parties?...

Generally, any party that has so little electoral support that it has no
realistic prospect of forming or being part of a government.

Ah. Thanks. UKIP supporters will be in denial about this.

ITYM greens or liberal democrats or SNP actually. All polled far less than
UKIP.

In fact apart from Labour and Tory, UKIP is the ONLY other party likely to
form a national government in the next decade

A party that has only ever managed to get two refugees from
the Tories elected in a by election, has just one of them still
elected, and which couldnt even manage to get its own leader
elected is never going to form a national government.

Yes, the Greens which got just as bad a result aren't going to either.

The liberal democrats aren't going to either.

Neither is the SNP, because they get none elected outside Scotland.