Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default something else for ukip supporters

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
bert wrote

Strange the way the Tories want a clear majority of all when it
comes to strike action. But not for parliamentiary elections.

This old chestnut. You elect the candidate out of an indefinite
list who gets the most votes. Majority isn't relevant.

A strike ballot presents a yes/no option and the majority vote
holds sway. It's simply a question of deciding a majority of
what union members or union members who vote. I've never
understood why so many don't vote on such a critical issue.

Surely who runs the country is a far more important thing than a
strike - which may be inconvenient for some, but rarely last for long.

But does disrupt things much more than who is running the country usually.

I've personally never understood why so many don't vote at election time.

They mostly have no interest in politics or have decided
that how they personally vote won't make any difference.

They are right.

You only have to look at the result UKIP got to see why
many who chose to vote for them may well decide that
it was a complete waste of time to vote at all.

It's hardly a difficult thing to do.

That has nothing to do with why they don’t.