Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default something else for ukip supporters

In article ,
bert wrote:
Strange the way the Tories want a clear majority of all when it comes to
strike action. But not for parliamentiary elections.

This old chestnut. You elect the candidate out of an indefinite list who
gets the most votes. Majority isn't relevant.
A strike ballot presents a yes/no option and the majority vote holds
sway. It's simply a question of deciding a majority of what union
members or union members who vote. I've never understood why so many
don't vote on such a critical issue.

Surely who runs the country is a far more important thing than a strike -
which may be inconvenient for some, but rarely last for long.

I've personally never understood why so many don't vote at election time.
It's hardly a difficult thing to do.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.